Today in Canada it’s Remembrance Day, which is a holiday also. I’m not sure if it’s the same for the States. I wore my poppy today 🙂 I have to post my snack I had late last night, it was really good. I was an Ezekial bun topped with Onion & Garlic Soy Cream Cheeze, romaine lettuce and onion slices with a glass of Chocolate Almond Milk.
Since we had the day off work/school, and slept in late, for breakfast I decided to make the oil-free pancakes I saw on Happy Herbivore. The recipe was halved, and subbed in spelt flour and added blueberries. They were topped with Earth Balance and organic maple syrup. These were yum! Even the bf loved them. I made “mocha’s” to go with them, heating up chocolate almond milk and light soy milk in a saucepan, and then once heated pouring half that mixture into a half cup of coffee, then topping with cinnamon 🙂
I stopped in at my friends new apartment to take a look, then headed home. I made a snack of green tea, 2 clementines, 4 dates and a scoop of PB. I got this idea from Sweet Eats’ blog.
For dinner, I made more sweet potato fries, salad topped with Kraft’s Raspberry Dressing, and bean burgers on Ezekial buns with guacamole, lettuce, veganaise, ketchup and hot sauce. The variation of bean burgers this time included :
a can of mixed beans, diced onion, diced garlic, tomato paste, hot sauce, chili pepper flakes, tomato paste, mustard, crushed wheat crackers and a flax “egg.”
Dessert was another random piece of cake from my bf’s mom, and a glass of Vanilla Basmati Rice Milk during House!
The strike is over at my work, so I’m not dreading going back tomorrow 🙂
I just realized I was tagged by Josie with the 7 facts about yourself:
1. I am really, really shy, and always have been
2. I want to travel all over, this past summer I went to the UK to work at a summer camp, and wasn’t really feelin it there, so I left and travelled in England/Scotland by myself for a couple weeks
3. Huge movie buff
4. Neat freak
5. I still don’t know what I want to be “when I grow up”, it has to be one of the hardest decisions out there
6. Same as a couple other people, I would love to live in NYC, I went there last March and fell in love with the place
7. I used to play clarinet, somewhat decent at it, but dropped out of band for high school
I’m not quite sure how to tag people either, but I tag anyone on my blogroll who hasn’t done this yet!